Multidisciplinary and multi-national lawyers
20 years of presence in South America
High level business law firm
businesses or individuals with activities or projects in South America.
Who are we?
Patelin.Conseil Avocats is a law firm specialised in corporate law and inheritance law, with a triple presence in South America (Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay), which allows it to offer its clients the best possible support in their local or international legal matters, providing them with appropriate, reliable and innovative solutions, resolutely focused on protecting their investments.
The firm assists large international and national companies, as well as small and medium-sized enterprises or individuals with an activity, a project or interests in South America.
Patrick Patelin, who founded the firm in 1999, has extensive experience in South America, which has given him a deep understanding of international investment issues and business life in general in the region.
He has brought together French, English and Spanish-speaking lawyers who have joined the permanent team over the years, as well as leading specialists, particularly in tax matters. The team is made up of recognised professionals who are sensitive to the needs of companies and individuals and know how to analyse complex legal and tax transactions to find sophisticated solutions tailored to the needs of each client, thus enabling them to achieve their objectives.
Some examples of cases in which the study has been involved:
- Advising governments or private investors in the context of privatisations, tenders or public-private partnerships;
- Corporate restructuring and mergers and acquisitions in telecommunications, media, retail, food, automotive, agriculture, wine, energy, oil, mining, steel, cement, shipping, intermediate goods and new technologies;
- Real estate transactions in relation to the purchase and sale of property, construction, project development and financing;
- Financial operations related to project finance, structured finance, financial products or stock exchange operations;
- Intervention and advice on transactions related to cryptocurrencies;
- Tax optimisation for companies and individuals;
- Counselling in the context of international successions or divorces;
- Litigation and arbitration in complex and often transnational disputes, both for companies (shareholder disputes, directors’ liability, commercial contracts, etc.) and individuals (inheritance, real estate, etc.).
The firm adapts to the client’s needs and proposes an hourly rate or a global quote. For clients who wish to have permanent legal and fiscal assistance, the firm establishes subscriptions.
The teams take care to keep clients informed of the progress of the case, the scope of the work done and the tasks to be carried out.
23 years of offering legal services in South America
In 1999, Patrick Patelin opened local branches of C’M’S’ Bureau Francis Lefebvre (France) in Buenos Aires (Argentina) and Montevideo (Uruguay), as soon as it became clear that the scope of this activity required a local presence.
These local companies have become independent from their parent company under the name PatelinConseil.
The same teams of legal and tax professionals continue to offer their twenty years of experience to companies and individuals who need advice to develop their businesses throughout South America.
The firm has high quality European and South American lawyers, recognised in their areas of practice, working in English, Spanish, French and Portuguese.
From our offices in Buenos Aires (Argentina) and Montevideo (Uruguay), our professionals work in any of the offices in Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Uruguay and Paraguay.
Depending on the needs of each specific case and the national and local specificities encountered, they are supported by leading local legal and/or accounting experts.