We have extensive experience assisting clients from the wine regions in France (for example the Bordeaux region) in starting up wine businesses in Argentina and Brazil.
We have established expertise with respect to all steps required to do business in this sector in South America, starting from the acquisition of real estate, to carrying out agricultural activities, vinification and bottling the finished product.
We are active on the ground in Mendoza, Rio Negro, San Juan and Salta.
We provide the following services in respect of all the above practice areas.
· Due diligence relating to the acquisition of land, vineyards and wineries.
· Review of administrative authorisations related to wine and wine production (Instituto Nacional de Vitivinicultura – INV / Instituto Brasileiro do Vinho – Ibravin).
· Assistance on water rights and use regulations (e.g. Departamento General de Irrigación Mendoza).
· Seasonal employment law matters (harvesting, pruning, vinification).
· rafting specific contracts in relation to oenological practices (e.g. vinification).
· Importation of oak wine barrels.
· Exportation of bottles.
· Business restructuring and tax optimisation related to cross border sales or acquisition.
· Application of tax benefits (e.g. Argentine National Decree 699/2010).
· Assistance in relation to choice of legal vehicle and legal structure for business operations (usufruct, lease, partnership etc.).
· Assistance in relation to the execution of contracts of wine derivatives, supply of pomace, tartaric acid, etc.
We participate in key worldwide events, including Vinexpo (Bordeaux Chamber of Commerce and Industry), SITEVI (Montpellier and Mercosur), Salão Internacional do Vinho / ExpoVinis Brasil, London International Wine Fair.